To win a debt collection matter in Court, there are three boxes that must be ticked:
- There should be an agreement, preferably in writing
- Goods have been provided and there is proof of delivery or services rendered
- An invoice has been issued that is in accordance with or that matches the agreement, and goods provided or services rendered.
To minimise the risk to your business from unpaid debts, de Mestre and Company Solicitors can assist you with:
- Your written terms of trade to ensure that all possible security for any goods supplied is obtained and that the costs associated with recovery can be claimed together with interest and including recovery of goods supplied where there is non-payment
- That your proofs of delivery are in a form that is acceptable as evidence in Court
- That your invoices are in a form that is acceptable as evidence in Court.
- Ensuring that your trade agreement, proofs of delivery and invoices are in order makes recovery of unpaid invoices or your goods simpler, quicker and more certain. It also allows you to claim the costs of recovery from your debtor.
For more information about how de Mestre and Company Solicitors can assist your business in minimising the risks of unpaid debts or help out with a debt collection matter, please contact us on (02) 9233 6233 or email us at email@example.com