In October 2016, de Mestre and Company’s Executive Lawyer, Jonathan Papalia was appointed as a Notary Public in the state of New South Wales.
A Notary Public is a public officer given the statutory authority to witness documents, administer oaths, and perform other administrative functions of a national and international nature. As a Notary Public, Jonathan can:
- Authenticate official, Government and personal documents and information for use overseas
- Witness signatures of individuals to documents and authenticating identity
- Witness Powers of Attorney for use overseas, including from time to time, preparing them
- Certify true copies of documents for use overseas
- Witnessing documents and authenticating status and transactions for corporations and businesses
- Deal with documentation for land, property and deceased estates overseas.
In addition to these functions, Jonathan can prepare legal documents, such as a power of attorney or an agreement encompassing and formalising a transaction. As a lawyer and a Notary Public, Jonathan is well qualified to carry out this legal work for his clients as well as perform the notarial function.